The Impossible Possibilities Scholarship Program provides $2,000 scholarships to help students reduce the cost of higher education. Students are selected based on academic achievement, life experience, desire to succeed and individual need. Since 2009, the organization has awarded 50 scholarships totaling $87,500 to local students. The goal of the program is to provide financial assistance, while building long-term relationships with amazing students!
Guidelines & Instructions
Impossible Possibilities provides financial assistance to students based on academic achievement, life experience, desire to succeed and individual need. Each recipient is awarded a $2,000 scholarship.
- Students must be enrolled as a senior at a high school in the Tarrant or Dallas counties.
- Students must provide an acceptance letter and evidence of enrollment into a college or university before any funds can be appropriated.
- Students must have a proven track record of academic achievement while continuing an eagerness to excel at the collegiate level.
- Impossible Possibilities will send all funds directly to each student's college or university Financial Aid Office. Scholarship funds will be sent in two $1,000 installments: one in the fall semester and the second in the spring semester. Students must be enrolled as a full time student (12 classroom hours) and must meet a minimum 3.0 GPA to receive the second $1,000 installment.
- Students must submit an online application between September 1 and December 31.
- Finalists will be notified by Friday, February 10, 2017.
- Final interviews are tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 4, 2017, in downtown Fort Worth (Location TBD).
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by Friday, March 17, 2017.
- Students selected to receive scholarships must attend a mandatory Scholarship Presentation scheduled for Thursday, April 27, 2016, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center.
“When I earned my scholarship from Impossible Possibilities, I was happy that it was going to help pay for my college expenses, but never did I know that I was going to become part of a family. Impossible Possibilities not only invested in my future, but the organization has quietly knitted a safety net with love and support that has allowed me to earn the privilege to dream.”
Adan Gonzalez, 2011 Scholarship Recipient and 2014 Georgetown University graduate