The Impossible Possibilities Scholarship Program provides $2,000 scholarships to help students reduce the cost of higher education. Students are selected based on academic achievement, life experience, desire to succeed and individual need. Since 2009, the organization has awarded 100 scholarships totaling more than $185,000 to local students. The goal of the program is to provide financial assistance, while building long-term relationships with amazing students!
Guidelines & Instructions
Impossible Possibilities provides financial assistance to students based on academic achievement, life experience, desire to succeed and individual need. Each recipient is awarded a $2,000 scholarship.
- Applicants must submit an online application between September 1 and December 31.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a senior at a high school in the Tarrant or Dallas counties.
- Applicants must have a track record of academic achievement and an eagerness to excel at the collegiate level.
- If selected as a finalist, applicants will be notified by Monday, March 1, 2021.
- Finalists will have 7 days to confirm their interview appointment. If a finalists does not confirm during the specified timeframe, an alternate will be selected in his / her place. The organization will contact all applicants via the email and phone number provided on their initial application.
- Final interviews will be scheduled via Zoom in April. Finalists must provide an official transcript and two letters of recommendation.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by Saturday, May 1, 2021.
- Scholarship recipients must attend a mandatory Scholarship Presentation (TBD and may be cancelled due to ongoing Covid-19 Prevention)
- Scholarship recipients must provide an acceptance letter and evidence of enrollment into a college or university before any funds are sent.
- Impossible Possibilities sends all funds directly to each scholarship recipient's college or university Financial Aid Office. Scholarship funds will be sent in two $1,000 installments: one in the fall semester and the second in the spring semester. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as a full time student (12 classroom hours) and must meet a minimum 3.0 GPA to receive the second $1,000 installment.
“When I earned my scholarship from Impossible Possibilities, I was happy that it was going to help pay for my college expenses, but never did I know that I was going to become part of a family. Impossible Possibilities not only invested in my future, but the organization has quietly knitted a safety net with love and support that has allowed me to earn the privilege to dream.”
Adan Gonzalez, 2011 Scholarship Recipient and 2014 Georgetown University graduate